In response to increasing concerns about excessive traffic on Elizabeth Street, your Councillors worked to secure a detailed traffic analysis of the street last autumn.
In response, the Council is now proposing the following:
- We will shortly consult on banning all HGV traffic between Eaton Square and Ebury Street apart from deliveries to Elizabeth Street. Rat running by lorries through Belgravia’s streets will be stopped and heavy traffic will remain on main arterial routes.
- We are in discussions with TfL around the C1 bus route, to ensure that both the frequency and size of vehicle is appropriate for this route.
- A yellow box junction is proposed at the Victoria coach station exit to prevent blockages
- We are pressing TfL to stop the unauthorised use of the street by coaches
- the damaged carriageway granite setts will be repaired in October
Cllr Rachael Robathan explains "Elizabeth Street is a gem in the heart of Belgravia and is important both for those who live there and visit. I hope the combination of these measures will help to address the problems and reduce heavy traffic."